[theora] Page breaks when encoding ogg/theora

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Jun 12 16:00:23 PDT 2008

2008/6/13 Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org>:

> To work around the problem, try flushing every n frames or so, and
> see if there's a value of n for which directshow starts working. This
> is a good idea anyway, to limit buffering requirements when the video
> is multiplexed with audio.

just to add to this -- a good tool for debugging this kind of problem
is oggplay-info (in the liboggplay distribution). It shows how far
ahead of each other the video and audio get in a stream, with some
stats about it: the worst and average overruns, and a histogram of
these.

(Yes we have too many tools in too many different packages ...)

Conrad.