[theora] Portable Theora Player

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 13:33:25 PDT 2008

On 6/10/08, Jason Self <jason.self at gmail.com> wrote:
> Surely they must exist?

Er, no.  Even though Theora is quite less CPU intensive than most
video formats out there, which would make it ideal for the portable
market the adoption rate has been unfortunately small.  I reckon if
Opera starts shipping with built-in Theora support like it has been
mentioned on several occasions, you'll see quite a bunch of devices
perfectly capable of playback.

Aside that, users can (and should) contact corporations like Samsung
and Apple to support Theora natively.  That's all we can do.

-Ivo