[theora] C++ Linker Warnings

Lee Wilson Lee.Wilson at eyecon.com.au
Tue Apr 15 17:21:23 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have been trying to link to theora static libs I built with VC++ 2005 from
libtheora-1.0beta2 and libogg-1.1.3. I get a couple of link warnings, the
most significant is:

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'libcmt.lib' conflicts with use of other
libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

I read up about libcmt.lib and found it is a statically linked library that
supports multithreaded programs. It is linked to by default for
multithreaded (MT[d]). I am actually using Multithreaded DLL (MD[d]) but by
including <stream> in my program the libcmt.lib is automatically linked to.
I also read that you cannot mix calls to the old iostream library and new
C++ Library.

So I assume theora uses old iostream library, is that correct?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there a solution? Note I am using a proprietary game engine, and am not
in a position to change it to use old style iostream.

Thanks.

 Lee

Checked by AVG.
6:10 PM