[theora] Building Libtheora Beta 2 in Ms Visual C++ 2005 problems

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:53:15 PDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 11:32:39AM +0100, Patrick Byrne wrote:
>
> > I have seen the same problem.
>
> Can you confirm that a VS2005 build with TH_REALLY_NO_ASSEMBLY worked
> for you? I can't reproduce the garbage yuv_buffer issue on linux, but
> if there's some problem with the MSVC build we need to fix it before
> the next beta.

Can I just check that building libtheora with TH_REALLY_NO_ASSEMBLY
and suppressing the warning error message is supposed to actually
produce a fully working libtheora. Just without the Inline Assembly
optimisations.

If that's the case I will have another go at trying to work out what's
going wrong. When I saw that warning, as soon as the dll built didn't
work I assumed it wasn't supposed to work completely.

Charlie M