[theora] etheora

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Nov 20 19:59:17 PST 2007

On 21/11/2007, Ribamar Santarosa de Sousa <ribamar.santarosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 1, 2007 10:08 AM, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > extension.  And it should have an Ogg Skeleton track.  Look into the
> > ffmpeg2theora source code if you are wondering how to achieve that.
>
> Well, at this stage etheora only supports video, but surely I plan to
> add skeleton support. I've been reading the ffmpeg2theora source, is
> the skeleton information written only in headers phase or is it
> written when the audio/video frames are being written too (can't find,
> but didn't make exhaustive search)?

Only during the headers. Some details are at:

http://wiki.xiph.org/OggSkeleton

the skeleton.[ch] files in ffmpeg2theora, oggenc, speexenc etc. are
fairly similar -- they were developed by Tahseen Mohammad as part of
his Summer of Code project last year. Those files should be a useful
place to start :-)

Conrad.