[theora] converting YUV to RGB

Mihai Balea mihai at hates.ms
Sat May 5 08:45:10 PDT 2007

Hello,

We're doing software yuv to rgb conversion in our project
(iaxclient). Here's a link to the code, scroll down for the
conversion part

http://iaxclient.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/iaxclient/branches/team/
mihai/iaxclient/lib/video.c?view=markup

I'm not saying this is the definitive way of doing it, it just work
pretty well for us. You can reuse the code if LGPL license works for
you.

I've seen some examples of doing the conversion in a fragment shader.
If you know your code will run on a hardware that has fragment
shaders, then by all means, do that. It will free up the cpu for
other things.  GL_LUMINANCE8 textures will give you monochrome
images, so it's not a good choice if you want full color video.

Mihai