[theora] Fwd: [videoblogging] Re: Fwd: Opera proposed Theora for native video playback in browsers

Alen Ladavac alenl-ml at croteam.com
Thu Mar 8 12:07:51 PST 2007

Yet another Linux encoder won't help - GUI or not. A lot of video
production is done on Windows and in tools that people already know
how to use and have invested money into (Vegas, AfterEffects, etc...).
Theora needs a way to encode directly from them, just like all other
major formats (wmv, avi,...) can do. Or at least a way to frameserve
properly.

JM2C,
Alen

--