[theora] Theora Direct Show filters structure

Dan Barber danbar63 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 11:50:28 PST 2007

I have a question about the theora dsf dlls. Specifically I would like to
know which dlls are typically directly called by DirectShow and which tend
to call each other. My impression from being in the code for a couple of
days is that the dsf dlls, for example dsfTheoraDecoder and dsfOggDemux2
tend to get directly called by DirectShow, while the other dlls, for example
libOOTheora or libOOOggSeek are support dlls for those called directly by
DirectShow. Is that an accurate picture?

So, for example, if somewhere in dsfOggDemux2 we wanted to know the frame
rate, that seems to not be available at this time. If that is correct are
there currently existing interfaces that would allow me from with
dsfOggDemux2 to find the frame rate or other kinds of information that
aren't directly available to dsfOggDemux2.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,

Dan Barber