[theora] TS from DVB-T to Theora + Vorbis

ZikZak zikzak at tele2.fr
Tue Jul 17 12:49:05 PDT 2007

Jiří Navrátil a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Could you kindly point me to some instruction, how to encode demuxed
> files (.m2v and .mp2) to .ogg (Theora + Vorbis)? I was trying to use
> ffmpeg2theora, but I don't know, how to put two files to ffmpeg2theora
> (one audio an one video) and did not found, how to mux them into one
> file?
>
> Exist a way, how to do two pass encoding?
>
> I'm using Ubuntu Fiesty Linux.
>
> Thank you,
> Jiri Navratil
Hi,

The common way under GNU/Linux is to use two pipes (one audio and one
video) and send them to encoder_example.

Here is what I use:

#!/bin/sh
rm -f stream.*
mkfifo -m 660 stream.yuv
mkfifo -m 660 stream.wav
mplayer -af resample=44100,volume=2,volnorm=2 -ao
pcm:fast:file=stream.wav -vc dummy -vo null -quiet AudioInput.mp2 >
audio.log &
mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg -ao null -nosound -vf
scale=704:-11,pp=hb:c/vb:c/dr:c,sab=0.3:2:50,hqdn3d=2:2:2 -ssf
lgb=0.4:cgb=1 -quiet VideoInput.m2v > video.log &
encoder_example -v 7 -a 2 stream.wav stream.yuv -o Output.ogg

So you'll need mplayer and of course the sources of Ogg Theora to use
encoder_example (in the exampel folder).

Best regards
--
ZikZak