[theora] New theora streaming service

Yorn yorn at gmx.net
Tue Oct 31 11:06:35 PST 2006

Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2006 19:43 schrieben Sie:
> Hello Yorn,
>
> I see that on the <Programm> page, you support 3 different methods of
> playing the Ogg Video stream: with the Cortado Java applet, with Windows
> Media Player, and with RealPlayer.
>
> I'd like to suggest that you also support playing of the Ogg stream via the
> VLC player too.  (Alot of people have Ogg Theora support on their computer
> with VLC.)

Thanks for the hint, I remember testing the streams via VLC some time ago. For
me (as a linux user), mplayer is embedded "as Mediaplayer", so I'm not sure
how it is done under other platforms/systems. (Are there any mac-users out
there?)

> Also... why not give direct access to the Ogg stream too... and NOT try to
> embed always embed the video in the webpage... that way people could use
> whatever player they wanted.

Idea is to let the community talk to each other via chat during the program.
We would like to embedd voting and add a discussion window to talk to the
authors etc, so that we have a "real community" platform.

> But anyways... I tried the Cortado Java applet, and after it loaded, all I
> got was a black screen.

Strange - could you specify your System, java-Version etc. so that I can test
it on my mashine?

Regard - Yorn