[theora] conference talks

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Oct 21 09:49:30 PDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 01:15:53PM +0200, Pau Amaro-Seoane wrote:

> I imagine the guys of comp. support have never done this. I am trying to
> make a precedent for the next conferences :)

ffmpeg2theora is a good tool to use and broadly portable:

  http://v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/

If your source is DV, the kino editing application can export through
ffmpeg2theora if you have both installed.

On Gnome systems, the pitivi video editor is another convenient way to
make theora videos, but you need a very recent version of the gstreamer
framework (0.10.10 or later iirc) to avoid some multiplexing bugs.

HTH,
 -r