[theora] Extension .v+ogg does work

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 06:51:34 PDT 2006

Hello everyone,

As discussed on last Monthly Meeting, Monty settled on recommending
the extension .v+ogg for Theora files IF it would work on Linux.

Probably many have tested it already, but I haven't seen anything said
publically, so for the record, v+ogg works on both Windows and Linux.
Hadn't a chance to test it on Mac OS X, but I'm sure it should work
there too.  And Plan 9 :)

Now, the only issue left is for software out there to recognize the
file extension.  That, and people releasing their Theora media with
the right extension too, but that's out of scope of Xiph.

Regards,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves