[theora] What will be the future of Theora?

John Varouhakis johnvarouhakis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 06:56:21 PST 2006

I've been searching for an editor, too. LiVEs has the weirdest interface ever
I think... (something with first-last frame) and it crashed on me a lot.

Diva seems to be on the right track but right now all it does correctly is
mixing, no cutting operations.

I don't think that ffmpeg2theora is left behind, though. It's already much
more than what it's name implies.

On libtheora itself, what I think it desperately needs, is the ability for
user allocated/handled buffers. Seriously, is it nesseccary to for
theora_encode_YUVin to malloc and free on every frame? I've played a little
bit with the source, removing it, and it worked fine.
It would improve real-time encoding quite a bit.

Also, is there a roadmap anywhere?