[theora] player_example problem

seema coma seema_coma at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 24 05:01:37 PDT 2006

Hi,

  I am currently interested in the sample "player_example.c". Can some body explain how I can change the (width and height) of the video which is to be rendered in the SDL frame. I tried it by changing the width and height of SDL stuff in the open_video() function source.
  void open_video(){

  if ( SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) < 0 ) {
    /*error*/
    exit(1);
  }
     screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(new_width,new_height, 0, SDL_NOFRAME | SDL_RESIZABLE );
    if ( screen == NULL ) {
    /*error*/
    exit(1);
  }
    yuv_overlay = SDL_CreateYUVOverlay(new_width,new_height,
                                     SDL_YV12_OVERLAY,
                                     screen);
  if ( yuv_overlay == NULL ) {
    /*error*/
    exit(1);
  }
  rect.x = 0;
  rect.y = 0;
  rect.w = new_width;
  rect.h = new_height;
    SDL_DisplayYUVOverlay(yuv_overlay, &rect);
}
  But it didnt bring desired results for me ??All I know is that it uses height and width obtained by the theora decoding mechanism. Can some body explain how I can change it to play videos with desired height and width??

  Thanks in advance,

  Seema Rao