[theora] Theora & Vorbis on your mobile phone

Janet McSmith janet.mcsmith at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 07:22:28 PDT 2006

>Would you know where to point me to for an open source or commercial
>implementation of Theora & Vorbis for your mobile phone?

There's a company called Vimio who provide such an application for your
phone.  Demo app available if you register. If you look a little closer at
the app (are we allowed to mention code inspection / reverse eng. on the
list? ;-) ) you'll see it uses Theora as it's video codec (and Ogg for Audio
afaik).  But you'll notice there's no mention or recognition of Theora's
contribution to it's product on it's website.

tsk tsk. Bad corporate company!

:-)