[theora] ogg movie out of png pics

Reinoud Elhorst claude at claude.nl
Mon Aug 28 08:21:29 PDT 2006

Yorn wrote:

>Hi,
>Am Montag, 28. August 2006 14:54 schrieb All Pebre:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I would like to create a movie out of a lot of png files. Using
>>mencode I would do have something similar to
>>

>>mencoder "mf://*.png" -mf type=png:fps=5 -vf spp,scale -ovc lavc -o
>>output.avi
>>

>>but I want to have an ogg format. I.e. an ogg movie
>>

>Easiest, way is to use ffmpeg2theora to transfer the avi to ogg.
>
>AFAIK mencoder (,ffmpeg etc.) does not provide a method to directly transfer
>to ogg.
>
>Regards - Yorn

I believe on2 has some patches on the mencoder code to mux into ogg
containers (they use it in the flix engine) . It hasn't been proposed as
patch to the official mplayer tree AFAIK, so I haven't seen any
peer-review of their code, but you could still try it.

It can be found here: http://www.on2.com/gpl/mplayer/

Its being discussed here:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-April/010701.html