[Theora] Stream Test (again)

Robert Smith rob at visonair.tv
Mon Apr 24 12:05:58 PDT 2006

Hi All,

I have done some work on the streams at http://www.visonair.tv

The seem a little better (got the page sorting working properly now)

I would appreciate it if people could perform some testing (again) on the Ogg stream. (visit http://www.visonair.tv/watch.php )  Feel free to stay connected for long periods of time...

The only problem I have noticed is that sometimes VideoLAN/VLC has some problems playing it, or develops problems after a while, sometimes I get lots combinations of the following types of errors:
-  main warning: late picture skipped (2588023332)
-  main warning: vout warning: early picture skipped (80274552479)
-  main warning: received buffer in the future (80275064476)

Yet oggz-validate has no problems with the stream.  Should I be concerned with this or is VLC trying too hard!?!  Sometimes the stream stops, and the messages window just scrolls away with:
- main warning: PTS is out of range (10093238), dropping buffer
- main warning: late picture skipped (10365269)
and most of the time doesnt restart on its own, I have to manually restart it.

Plays fine with Windows Media Player/directshow.

Thanks for your comments before, they were very helpful... :)

Regards

Rob Smith