[Theora] Other extension for Ogg Theora then "ogg"

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue May 10 15:41:39 PDT 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005 15:32:25 -0600
Jack Moffitt <jack at xiph.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure who you are complaining to or about.  As far as I am
> aware, WMP plays Oggs (whether video or audio) just fine.

Yes, video players play vorbis, but they aren't very good audio players,
which is why winamp/xmms is still around.  I'm complaining solely about
filename extensions.  You seem to have missed my point completely.
My point was that Longhorn isn't out, and even years after it is, the
older versions of Windows will still have a massive number of users.

I'm getting very tired of this subject, which is going nowhere.
Baseless and irrational.  For what it's worth, any videos I mux
into an ogg will be named "ogm", and I hope others will do the same or
similar.  ogv/oga would be fine too, better to have too many extensions
rather than too few.