[Theora] Other extension for Ogg Theora then "ogg"

pat cito oggtheora at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 17:35:40 PDT 2005

> Look at this page;
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Video
>
> How to I know that is video and not audio?
Well the URL should give you a hint right?
"Category:Video"... Most people don't even know what
an extention is. They'll just click on the
Category:Video link and then click on one of the shiny
icon to get their video, as expected.
>The
> MediaWiki software gives
> it an music icon.  Gnome  also.
Well, that's a serious bug then cause they're not
audio!
>  If free open source
> software not even
> can see the difference between audio and video how
> can an average user
> see it?
As you can see on that picture, Konqueror does see the
difference because it does things the right way.
http://p80.free.fr/theoravorbis.png
AYCS, icons are different and when I click on my
theora file it fires Kaffeine (a KDE video player) and
when I click on my vorbis it enqueues it Amarok (a KDE
audio player)

I think Gnome is going to use
http://www.gnome.org/projects/beagle/ more and more
which use content search rather than file extension
and I heard longhorn was going to have something like
this too :). So instead of focusing on old windows98
way to handle files we should rather work for the
future ;)
And by the time Longhorn comes out I guess theora will
be 1.0 rock stable and full featured, right Ralph? :)

Pat