[Theora] Other extension for Ogg Theora then "ogg"

Alexander Rabtchevich alexander.v.rabtchevich at iaph.bas-net.by
Sun May 8 09:47:10 PDT 2005

When the theory doesn't correspond to the real world it's the problem of
the theory, not the world. The file managers run associated programs
based on their extensions, not the real content. So the real world is:
the ogg extension causes *sound* player to run. And many people prefer
different programs to play sound and video (me too). So the "ogm"
extension is the real solution, whatever the theory says.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich