[Theora] Thoggen 0.3 'Leopard' released

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 10:26:07 PST 2005

On Sunday 20 March 2005 16:43, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:

> Erm... what if I only want to rip DVD to theora directly, but with
> command line interface? what tools are available?

Besides the usual suspects, you could just use gst-launch (part of the
GStreamer tools) and run the same or a similar pipeline as thoggen itself
does, ie. something like:

gst-launch-0.8 { oggmux name=mux ! filesink name=filesink  {  dvdreadsrc
device=/dev/dvd title=0 ! dvddemux  name=demux .audio_00  ! { queue !
a52dec ! audioconvert ! audioscale ! audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 !
audioconvert ! rawvorbisenc ! queue ! mux. } { demux.video_01 ! queue !
mpeg2dec ! videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=\(double\)25.0 ! videocrop
left=4 right=4 top=32 bottom=32 ! deinterlace ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=384,height=288 ! theoraenc ! queue ! mux. } } }

;-)

The other tools might be a bit easier to use though (also, thoggen uses a
custom element for scaling, so you either get worse quality or lower speed
with the above pipeline, in comparison to using thoggen directly).

Cheers
 -Tim