[Theora] can't get to work windows player

Nicolás Vinacur nvinacur at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Jun 15 22:37:11 PDT 2005

Hi! I'm having some trouble with theora in windows, I would really appreciate if you could be able to give me a hand with this.

First, I was not able to build theora in cygwin, because I built vorbis and ogg perfectly, but when I try to run ./configure with theora it can't find the ogg libs, if I use the --using-ogg-path = ... with /usr/local/lib it runs ok, but then it fails to compile when running make.

When I tried it on Windows, I use C++ .NET . I tried the .tar.gz on theora's page, I built succesfully the library and then I wanted to build the player for windows but splayer.c was not on the package, I got it somewhere from internet but it didn't work. I mean, I could succesfully build it, but when I run it with a theora ogg file, the SDL screen gets with a lot of colors and I can see a that the window shows an error message that must be closed. I then tried on a MS VC++ 6.0 and the same thing happend.

For last, I downloaded the latest stuff from svn, and was able to build everything in .NET with no other files, but once I try to use splayer.exe program, the same thing detailed above happen. Am I missing something to do?  Please help me, I've been 3 days with this and I don't know what else to try.