[Theora] OGG theora with mono output

zikzak at tele2.fr zikzak at tele2.fr
Fri Jan 21 13:06:30 PST 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:03:20 -0800
Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 08:51:50PM +0100, zikzak at tele2.fr wrote:
>
>> I would like to create an output file with mono audio.
>> How to do it ?
>> If use a video with mono as input, the result will be a video with stereo.
>> Is there a way to use the --downmix from oggenc ?
>
>What too are you using that's mixing up? the encoder_example that ships
>with libtheora should, for example, encode the input wave at the input
>number of channels and sample rate.
>
>If you want to use --downmix you can use oggenc to compress the
>soundtrack separately and then use oggzmerge to multiplex it with
>the video. I assume there's a gstreamer commandline that can downmix
>the audio as part of encoding too.
>
>HTH,
> -r

Sorry, i'm not clear.
I use encoder_example but I would like to have a video with mono output for the audio, encoder_example seems to only produce stereo files.
Is there a somewhere in the code a value to change to obtain mono sound only ?
My purpose is to reduce the size of the audio and keep a nice quality for the video, because I try to stream the file with a bitrate of 128kbps (audio and video).
Currently, audio is around 30kbps.

Sorry for my bad english

regards
--