[Theora] OGG theora with mono output

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Jan 21 13:03:20 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 08:51:50PM +0100, zikzak at tele2.fr wrote:

> I would like to create an output file with mono audio.
> How to do it ?
> If use a video with mono as input, the result will be a video with stereo.
> Is there a way to use the --downmix from oggenc ?

What too are you using that's mixing up? the encoder_example that ships
with libtheora should, for example, encode the input wave at the input
number of channels and sample rate.

If you want to use --downmix you can use oggenc to compress the
soundtrack separately and then use oggzmerge to multiplex it with
the video. I assume there's a gstreamer commandline that can downmix
the audio as part of encoding too.

HTH,
 -r