[Theora] encoding to many clients

Karol Bryd karolbe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:19:57 PDT 2005

Hi!

I am new to video encoding and streaming so this question may sound silly.
However I want to create a simple application which would get video frames from
video device (video4linux) encode them using theora and then send to
clients.

The question is: do I have to encode the stream for each client
seperately? It would be ideally to have one encoded stream and send it
to as many clients as it is needed. I wanted to do so, but I have seperate
Ogg streams for each client and when I send packet encoded for one
Ogg stream to another then the decoder has problems with encoding it...

Aby ideas how to solve it?

Thanks in advance
Karol
--