[Theora] First game ever to use Theora!

Agustin Cordes agustin at nucleosys.com
Thu Sep 30 12:21:09 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I would like to bring your attention to our game "Scratches" that we're
developing which is using the Theora codec. We found the video quality
to be great with very small files. You can see the results for yourself
in this short demo (45MB) we released a few months ago:

http://www.nucleosys.com/files/scratches-t2.exe
http://www.cellarofrats.com/pubftp/scratches-t2.exe (Mirror)
http://www.justadventure.com/IndependentDevs/Scratches/scratches-t2.exe
(Mirror)

However, we'll be increasing the video resolution in the final game as
it seems it can be perfectly handled even with old computers. The demo
posted above should run well with a 700Mhz. CPU and 128MB RAM. Also, a
3D video card is required.

I'd love to know how you found the quality and speed!

Best regards,
Agustin Cordes
Nucleosys
http://www.nucleosys.com