[Theora] IntraFrame Detection (and forcing intraframes)

Eduard Kriegler kriegler at sun.ac.za
Thu Sep 30 04:34:27 PDT 2004

Great! Thanks. I've got the latest version now.

There isn't perhaps a way of forcing the encoder to make the next frame
an intraframe (keyframe)? This would be a very useful feature where the
encoded video is played back in real time. When a frame is lost or if
there are errors on the data channel, the receiver can ask that the next
frame be made a keyframe so as to regain synchronisation with the stream.

Thanks again for the hint of the new version!

Regards,
Eduard