[Theora] Ffdshow-20042003 Theora support fixed.

Neil Morris neil at adm1.ph.man.ac.uk
Mon Oct 11 04:25:21 PDT 2004

Hi Zen,

At 12:45 09/10/04 +0800, you wrote:

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Morris" <neil at adm1.ph.man.ac.uk>

I've never delved into ffdshow source so I couldn't tell if this was the
reason but I'm currently wading through the Ogg/Vorbis/Theora documentation
and trying to get to grips with "granule pos" and I would guess that IS
the reason<g>.

I'm new to A/V programing and Theora/Ogg but I'm interested in trying my
hand with something to familiarize myself with Xiph formats, so I have
been toying with the idea attempting to writing a program to convert the
ffdshow avi theora files to ogg as a learning exercise, and as my 1st
programing language is Fortran it should make the code very "interesting"<BG>.

>This was something i struggled with for a while... i really wanted to just pass directshow times throughtout all the graph... but because theora actually has other information embedded in it's granule pos, if you convert it to a directshow time, you can't recover that information. So i ended up deciding to pass granule pos everywhere, and leave the responsibility to any filter that connects to a filter outside my little ecosystem to make the conversion.
>
>Zen.

As I've mentioned I'm very new to Theora and Ogg and still working my way
up the learning curve but I have grasped enough so far to appreciate your
problem.

Best Regards and looking forward to further releases of your filter set.

Neil.