[Theora] Theora file extension

Jernej Simončič jernej.simoncic
Wed Jun 16 08:36:38 PDT 2004

<1087397268.3244.0.camel at otto.amantes>

On Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 16:47:49, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> is a wav that contains an mp3 file a wav or an mp3 ?

How often do you see an MP3 file with a WAV header that has WAV extension
instead of MP3?

> is an .avi containing only audio an audio file or a video file ?

I haven't ever seen an AVI file that wouldn't contain video.

> is an .mp4 file containing only audio an audio file or a video file ?

Why did extension OGM become popular for Ogg files that contain video?
Because it's much easier to just look at the file name and know "this
contains video". Or, if you list files in a graphical file manager, it's
faster to just look at the icon to tell what kind of file it is. And guess
what's the fastest way to assign a file type icon to a file?

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< for personal mail, replace guest.arnes.si with isg.si >

The bus that left the stop just before you got there is your bus.
-- First Law of Bus Transportation