[Advocacy] Re: [Theora] OGG/OGM media container

Nilesh Bansal bansal
Tue Jul 6 19:12:20 PDT 2004

<Pine.LNX.4.60.0407061837530.9433 at okanagan.cs.ubc.ca>
<80cc888e040706184710931d2c at mail.gmail.com>

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Kyungjoon Lee wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 18:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Nilesh Bansal <bansal at cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
>> encoding to Ogg(audio only) either (I don't know if oggenc provides a
>> library or not that mencoder can link to).
>
> Running 'ldd ~/bin/mencoder' on my box shows that it's linked to libvorbis.
I mean, mencoder using Ogg library (not vorbis), to produce .ogg files
(audio wraped in Ogg container).

>> PS: xiph CVS is not working, it says connection refused everythime i try
>
> http://www.xiph.org/svn.html
Its http://snv.xiph.org

PS: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=63722 is a old thread on
gentoo forums, which is mostly a flamewar between matroska and ogg
developers. I believe, two have different phiolosphies and none is going
to go away.