[Theora] trying to encode from dvd using mplayer

pat cito oggtheora at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 15:34:37 PST 2004

I tried to rip my dvd using your technic (mplayer -vo
yuv4mpeg etc) but I get HUGE files with it. Something
like 35Gb for 30 minutes of video in *.yuv, too much
for my HD. Is there an other way to rip dvd to theora?
I was thinking about using transcode to mpeg2 and
ffmpeg2theora the mpeg2 file. What do you think?

Thanx in advance

Pat