[Theora] trying to encode from dvd using mplayer

Arc Riley arc at Xiph.org
Fri Dec 3 14:21:35 PST 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 11:08:35PM +0100, David Kuehling wrote:

> > That's how I got around it.  Just use the unix "cat" command to join
> > the files..
>
> > cat >>piece1.ogg piece2.ogg piece3.ogg piece4.ogg
>
> Works in theory, but I'm not sure how many players can cope with such
> files...?

Anything that implements Ogg correctly.  Oh, that's almost nothing. Hmm.
Well, you could help me with the various work nessesary to get libogg2
out, and thereby, solve this incompatability problem across the board...

--

"The question is no longer between violence and non-violence;
 It is between non-violence and non-existence." - Martin Luther King, Jr