[theora] Codec Information

Prodoc agebosma at home.nl
Thu Sep 25 04:32:52 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project to create some order in the video
codec chaos and for the completeness of the information I've got a
couple of questions about the Theora codec. I realize I'm a bit early to
add the Theora information while it's still in Alpha stage but I figured
the base won't be changing anymore (atleast not a lot anyway).

- What FourCC code(s) is (are) being used for Theora movies?
- Can you give a a "general" description? (MPEG-1, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4
based? Compressor, Decompressor? Etc.)
- Is there already a fixed URI for a direct link to the codec
info/download page?

Thanks in advance,

Age Bosma