[theora] A comparison of VP3, and two MPEG-4 variants

Dan Miller dan at on2.com
Mon Mar 24 09:56:33 PST 2003

good points, but I think constant Q is pretty much the standard for VBR/storage type applications.  Doesn't Vorbis basically use a constant Q model for the most part?

it's only when you have hard limits on transmission speeds that you need to employ rate control algorithms that vary Q over time.

 ___  Dan Miller
(++,) Founder, CTO, On2 Technologies