[theora] Re: Quicktime Vs Windows encoding with VP3

Jim Barnes tojimbarnes at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 19 01:08:05 PDT 2002

Okay  sorry I dont know enough about VBR etc yet but I got that

This is how I came to have the OV codec in win2000
There are three dls at On2  for VP3-Theora on a PC
One for Avi, One for QT, and one comes with VP vision.
When I installed the last of these I suddenly got OV1 2 and 3  as a
selection in the audio codecs in all my editors.

 I assume from what you say then that this is an audio only codec and should
only be used as such.

Its just strange that they are in there and they work or at least thats what
the summary of the file under win2k shows. The file shows OV as the audio
codec and VP3 as the video codec.

The interleave was set to one frame and I have no sync problems, just a file
thats bigger when I expected it to be smaller

I used FlaskMpeg to encode both the files

Jim