[theora] Theora vs. Nullsoft NSV

Jim Barnes tojimbarnes at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 12:46:03 PST 2002

Sorry Dan
I am not paying too much attention to details (as in getting your name
wrong) its okay you can call me Tim or Kim if you like ;-}
The tests using VP3 were carried out with the default settings and the
quick compress turned off.

I dont have a problem with high motion I film firedancers and stream
the footage over a lan in a night club. It looks on the big TV screens
to be of similar quality to Good Mpeg1

Dont know much, but I know what I like and I love this little codec.

For those doing the grunt work of rewriting this codec and extending its
feature
set I will continue to sing your praises and test each release.
For myself I havent cut code since 1982 when it was all basic and cobol.
Wish I could do more but the curve has gotten too great and
so now I teach people the fascination of the light switch (as in on/off, or
0/1)
the basis of all computing.