[theora] Quality of vp3.2 codec?

Freun Laven FreunLaven at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 11 21:03:39 PST 2002

How good is the video compression in vp3.2?

For example, how does it compare (bit rate & quality) to mpeg1, mpeg2,
Divx, real Video 8+, Windows Media, etc. etc.

It being open source is nice and all, but if it can't be reasonably
competitive then there isn't much point to it.

I just haven't seen anything that compares vp32 to anything else.
(Although to be honest, I haven't seen much on honest comparisons of the
other formats, either.)