[theora-dev] theora streamer for Android anyone?

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Sat Oct 15 01:05:05 PDT 2011

> do you have a version compiled for Android?
> i mean with all Makefile options ?
> maybe my Makefile is wrong...

./configure should work, if you have the appropriate environment
variables (CC, AS, LD, etc.) set up to point at your Android NDK.
Personally I've only built them for Android inside Firefox, which uses
its own build system, and only compiles the decoders (though I've built
and tested the encoders on more normal ARM Linux systems, where they
work fine).

>> Please be more specific about the kind of crashes you're observing....
>>
> it's not easy to run gdb on the mobile with dalvik,
> all i get is SIGSEGV messages
> with raw stack pointers... hum,
> not very useful.

Android is a giant PITA, in general, but see
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Android for instructions on using
gdb/gdbserver with it.