[theora-dev] theora encoder reordering, order of puting data from DCT 8x8 blocks to huffman compressor, and puting result of huffman compressor to buffer bitstream memory

digital design developer.fpga at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 05:48:51 PST 2011

Good day!
I'm creating HDL IP CORE (for using in FPGA) for theora encoder (now only
I-frames).
I don't undestand one moment. Now i develop such stages:
1. From RBG(byer) to YCbCr converter
2. DCT processing (8x8 pixels blocks)
3. Quantizator of DCT coeff.
4. Zig-Zag of quantized DCT coeff.
and now i have uresolved last stage of compression - how i must send 8x8
blocks to huffman compressor? I don't understand ordering.
I must send all DC coeff (Y, than Cb,Cr), after all AC-0 (Y, than Cb,Cr)
.... after all AC-63 (Y, than Cb,Cr)? And put huffman compression result to
buffer memory like this:
huffman compression products of all DC coeff (Y, than Cb,Cr), after all
AC-0 (Y, than Cb,Cr) .... after all AC-63 (Y, than Cb,Cr)?

Please explain me this moment. I need your help.

Thank all!