[theora-dev] Seek issue in cortado player

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at email.unc.edu
Mon Mar 15 17:37:46 PDT 2010

salsaman wrote:
> 2) Begin reading pages until we get at least one packet. Then check
> the granulepos to find the first keyframe number (0 or 1). Store this
> as e.g. keyframe_offset.

Note that a stream can begin with any arbitrary offset (e.g., a live
stream that was joined part-way through), not merely 0 or 1. The actual
difference between 0 and 1 for normal, complete streams, however, is
determined by the subminor version field in the info header, and relates
to how a timestamp is computed from a granule position. You must respect
this version field if you are going to accurately synchronize multiple
streams, regardless of what the granule position of the first frame is.