[theora-dev] Seek issue in cortado player

Chris Pearce chris at pearce.org.nz
Mon Mar 15 14:21:37 PDT 2010

On 16/03/2010 12:12 a.m., salsaman wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Chris Double
> <chris.double at double.co.nz <mailto:chris.double at double.co.nz>> wrote:
> > On 03/15/2010 11:33 PM, salsaman wrote:
> >> When I looked at oggindex a few months ago the seeking was completely
> >> broken.
> >
> > Do you mean Cortado, not OggIndex? OggIndex just generates a Skeleton
> > track containing index information - it doesn't do any playback or
> > seeking afaik.
> >

> Oggindex does have a seek function I think. Maybe I was thinking of
> another tool though.

The OggIndex program does not have a seek function, it's an indexer, not
a player/GUI editor.

It sounds like there's a bug in Cortado's seeking.

On 16/03/2010 7:54 a.m., Nigel Simpson wrote:
> I'm using Cortado in a Java application, and have been trying to
> figure out why Cortado can seek reliably (well, reproducibly perhaps)
> but doesn't reliably report the current position, or resume from pause
> properly. It sounds like these are known issues though. Is there any
> way to raise the priority of these issues?

Providing clear and reliable steps to reproduce would go a long way
towards helping developers observing and fixing the bug. Can you provide
a test case URL which demonstrates the problem?

Does the same seek problem occur when Cortado is playing a non-indexed
video?

Thanks,
Chris P.