[theora-dev] Seek issue in cortado player

Nigel Simpson nigel at matsuplace.com
Mon Mar 15 11:54:42 PDT 2010

On Mar 15, 2010, at 3:59 AM, "ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com" <ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
 > wrote:

>> When I play the converted video using cortado 0.5.2, seeking still
>> seems to
>> be broken. For example: play a video, pause and then press play,
>> the player
>> resumes several seconds after the paused position. Also, pause and
>> drag the
>> time slider. The slider jumps to a new position after you release
>> the drag
>> rather than where the slider was dragged.
>>
>> Does cortado support OggIndex?
>
> No. The index is a very new addition and is still being worked on.
> Support at the moment is limited to ffmpeg2theora and OggIndex (plus
> patches for Firefox). It is expected that various players will be
> patched to support the index, however. Cortado would probably be one
> of them.

That would be great to see in Cortado.

>> Are there any workarounds for reliably getting and setting the
>> playback
>> position?
>
> Seeking is known to have problems in Cortado. They're fixed as
> they're found.
> Also, a recently released version of Cortado had a non-working
> playback position access from Javascript, in case you're also seeing
> this problem. I'm unsure whether there was a release since this was
> found.

I'm using Cortado in a Java application, and have been trying to
figure out why Cortado can seek reliably (well, reproducibly perhaps)
but doesn't reliably report the current position, or resume from pause
properly. It sounds like these are known issues though. Is there any
way to raise the priority of these issues?

Nigel