[theora-dev] one feature to future theora which might have good impact

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Sat Feb 13 11:21:55 PST 2010

On 02/13/2010 01:11 PM, Sergey Kurdakov wrote:
> Hi Timothy,
> after accessing my skills to code  prediction of rate allocation ( I'm
> game developer and use theora as user-programmer ) I can admit, that I
> would hardly add something useful.
> Still I believe that it is possible, by the way of update like Monty's
> regular demo pages ( which I accustomed to read last year, that is why
> I'm here ) to call for arms for specific problems.
> at least theora is already in firefox, and I believe that there are
> corporate programmers which read updates and ready to help to push it
> further but which are  still off dev list without invitation ...
> Regards
> Sergey
I would like to add my voice to this e-mail, because, although there's
little I can personally do to benefit libtheora's code aside from
testing, I was still drawn in to be a part of the Xiph community through
Monty's updates, which really served to increase my interest.  Yes, we
have Planet Xiph, but I didn't even know about that until some time
after becoming a regular on #theora.  So, I just thought I'd share my
own agreement with the above recommendation based on my own personal

       Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
basilgohar on irc.freenode.net
GPG Key Fingerprint:  5AF4B362