[theora-dev] [theora] ffmpeg2theora 0.26 released

Chris Cooksey chriscooksey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:52:53 PST 2010

> I'm on OSX, and I previously manually installed some test builds to help with
> testing.  Now when I go and install the official 0.26, the installer claims
> that I have a newer version and refuse to install.  Does anyone know how I can
> fix that?

This is a new "feature" in Mac OS 10.6. I am not even sure what it's trying
to accomplish but it gets upset when it looks like you are trying to
downgrade a package -even if you thought you uninstalled the newer version
of the package.

To fix it, go to the Terminal and type:

pgkutil --packages

Look for the bundle id of the installer package that is giving you trouble
then type:

pkgutil --forget [the installer package bundle id]

Now you should be able to install the package you want.

It shouldn't be too tough to figure out which id is the right one. They are
usually strongly related to the organization and product brand involved.

Chris.