[theora-dev] Firefogg 1.1.0 is out
j at v2v.cc
j at v2v.cc
Fri Feb 5 09:57:36 PST 2010
Firefogg - video encoding and uploading for Firefox
Firefogg allows you to upload Ogg Theora videos seamless on your page.
Videos are transcoded to Ogg Theora in the settings you specify for your
page. The encoded Ogg Theora video can be uploaded via a normal POST
request. With some modifications to your server, you can also support
resumable chunk upload: Videos are uploaded as they are encoded. If your
network connection is unstable, the upload is seamlessly resumed.
* provide the encoding settings you want,
no low quality intermediate files needed
* get information about source video before starting to encode
* preview video while it is encoding
* use resumable upload for other file formats (passthrough mode)
* use http://firefogg.org/make/ to transcode your videos locally
Firefogg 1.1.0 adds a new render API. You can use html to render videos.
Further info on the render api at http://firefogg.org/dev/render.html
For more information on how you can use Firefogg on your page visit
More information about the theora-dev