[theora-dev] Suggestions for Theora

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 9 23:35:41 PDT 2009

> --- On Wed, 10/6/09, Ryan smith
> <ryan14 at mail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi, I have some suggestions for
> > Theora:
> > 1) Theora should have a feature like adobe flash does
> > that enables direct end user to end user peering
> which
> > decreases a server's bandwidth usage and cost. Read
> > here:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time_Media_Flow_Protocol
> > Theora should go one step further and support file
> > sharing.
we have http streaming and peercasting

> > 2) Theora should have a plugin for the safari web
> > browser that runs on the Apple
> iPhone/iPhone3G/iPhone3GS and
> > the iPod Touch 1st and 2nd generation. The operating
> systems
> > on all of these are the same and I think it's a type
> > of Mac O/S.
 contact safari

> > 3) Theora should have a feature that disables print
> > screen and video recording software from capturing
> Theora
> > videos. Alot of webmasters have their videos stolen
> by
> > people using printscreen and video capture software,
> so
> > Theora should have a feature where when a person
> pushes the
> > Printscreen key on their keyboard, and pastes the
> image, the
> > image will just be a white blank box. When a person
> uses a
> > video capture software and tries to record a video
> playing
> > in the Theora player, it will just be a blank white
> box.
> > Everything else on the screen be will captured, except
> the
> > Theora player. This will solve alot of copyright
> problems
> > webmasters have with their videos.

 have you read about fair-usage and the Analog hole

> > 4) Theora should have a feature where when a user
> plays
> > a video using the Theora player, the video will be
> > compressed so the file size is smaller and it will be
> faster
> > to load. The quality of the video should remain the
> same.
> > For example, some 2 hour 16:9 Widescreen High
> > definition 1080p videos are 4Gigabytes in size, so
> Theora
> > should compress this 4GB video into 100MB without
> > losing any quality.
 have you even used ffmpeg2theora?

> > 5) Theora should be integrated into the next version
> of
> > Internet Explorer for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7.
> > Can someone pass my suggestions onto the Theora
> > developers?
 contact Microsoft
> > Thanks

 why are you contacting a codec mailing list about
 third-party software

      Need a Holiday? Win a $10,000 Holiday of your choice. Enter now.http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJxN2x2ZmNpBF9zAzIwMjM2MTY2MTMEdG1fZG1lY2gDVGV4dCBMaW5rBHRtX2xuawNVMTEwMzk3NwR0bV9uZXQDWWFob28hBHRtX3BvcwN0YWdsaW5lBHRtX3BwdHkDYXVueg--/SIG=14600t3ni/**http%3A//au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/creativeholidays/*http%3A//au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/%3Fp1=other%26p2=au%26p3=mailtagline