[theora-dev] Splitting an encoded Theora frame

Bjoern Rasmussen bjoern_rasmussen at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 01:39:12 PDT 2009

Hi
I'm trying to stream a Theora encoded video over the internet using UDP. Since Theora typically produce an encoded frame of 10 KBytes in my scenario I need to split up this frame in smaller chunk which are then sent to clients. This, however, makes my application very vulnerable to packet loss, so I'm wondering if there is some way to make the Theora encoder produce many small frames instead of one big frame? (They have to be less than 1400 bytes).
If there is not, can anyone point me to another video codec which might be more suitable for my scenario?
-- Bjoern