[theora-dev] Delayed pages ?

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Sun Feb 1 03:43:05 PST 2009

	Hi !

Le Saturday 31 January 2009 00:10:55 Ralph Giles, vous avez écrit :
> > This causes me trouble since then the pages are not properly placed with
> > the other vorbis audio pages, leading to warnings in oggz-validate,
> > telling me that the theora packets are not well-ordered.
>
> You have to mux based on the time equivalent of the granulepos field
> in the page header. You get get this for theora pages by passing the
> granulepos to th_granule_time(). (theora_granule_time() if you're
> using the libtheora api.) You have to do this in general, because the
> two codecs can produce pages that overlap each other.

In the documentation for theora, it is written: one frame = one page. Hence I
don't get why when I submit a page, the encoder doesn't immediately deliver
the corresponding page.

Anyway, if I get it right, this means the muxing process is even more
complicated then what I though: when encoding theora and vorbis pages, it
means I have to keep them appart until either the two granulepos match or one
of the stream is EOS, right ?

Romain