[theora-dev] thusnelda is now trunk

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Aug 4 14:12:21 PDT 2009

All,

The thusnelda encoder rewrite is settling down, so as of r16417 I've
replaced trunk/theora in svn with the thusnelda branch. This means you
no longer have to do anything special to get the new code. If you have
an existing theora checkout, it will just update. You may get a
warning about conflicts in CHANGES; just accept the new repository
version ('tf' at the prompt, or 'svn revert CHANGES' after the
update). If you've made any changes locally there may be other
conflicts of course; I recommend aborting and dumping your local diff
to a patch file before trying to resolve them; the code changes are
very extensive.

However, if you had a checkout of the code from
branches/theora-thusnelda, you'll get an error trying to update since
that branch no longer exists. To resolve this, you can do:

  svn switch https://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora

which will point your local copy at the new location for the thusnelda
code. This left my local changes untouched, but a backup is
recommended here too if you have significant outstanding work.