[theora-dev] Question about updated block list history in the encoder

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 19 19:05:40 PST 2008

John Ridges wrote:
> Am I missing something here, or is it supposed to work like this? Any
> help would be appreciated.

A) I highly doubt it's supposed to work like this
B) It doesn't really matter, since Thusnelda will (hopefully in the not
_too_ distant future) be replacing the old VP3 encoder we're shipping
now. Thusnelda decides when to code or skip blocks by solving a real
optimization problem with a real objective function, rather than using a
bunch of heuristics.